Re: [LAU] RME Multiface II

From: Steve Fosdick <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 18:33:56 EET

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:30:06 +0100
Christian Schumann <schumann@email-addr-hidden-kl.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 12:49:34PM -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
>
> Depending on your ALSA version there might be some issues with not
> getting sound. This bug was introduced into 1.0.15 and is now fixed to
> my knowledge. There was a fix some time ago on the alsa-dev list, if I
> recall it correctly. You might want to have a look into the archives of
> alsa-dev and alsa-user, the short discussion was less than three months
> ago.

I must admin I do not know the correspondance between ALSA versions and the kernel versions they get bundled with but I recently had an issue with kernel version 2.6.24. hdspmixer showned signal on the output but the actual output was silent. Rolling back to kernel version 2.6.23.12 fixed the problem. All kernel versions I have tried prior to 2.6.24 have worked flawlessly with it.

I have not yet had occasion to use the MIDI features but the audio has worked very well and sounds very good.

Regards,
Steve.