Re: [LAU] Music: Woxitron finalized

From: <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 13:56:31 EEST

hollunder@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> > http://www.archive.org/details/woxitron

> It's a fun track, thanks for sharing it.

You're welcome!

> I was curious about what else you got up there on archive.org and
> snooped around. I listened to 'free' and was kinda blown away by the
> sound. It's really cool in a way.
> I wonder what treasures are still lurking there.

Heh, thanks. Never thought anyone could be blown away from the
sound of my old tracks, produced on a Korg M1 (1988-1994) :)

http://www.archive.org/details/m1_free

Back then I was always trying to get sounds out of the old lady it wasn't
made for. That track belongs to a series where I was obsessed with
more punch on the beats and bass bass bass, resulting in some rather
unfortunate mixing :)
I had no memory cards and no own computer, so making a new track
often meant erasing an old one. After recording to tape, if I was happy
enough with the result. Good times, nonetheless.

Everyone's invited to dig for treasures,
just click on my name after "Author" ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms