Re: [LAU] Decent and attractive audio player

From: cdr <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name>
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 09:49:05 EEST

> Oh yes, I experienced this Problem as well. 10k tracks may still work,
> but at a certain point amarok(as most audioplayers) just get unusable.
> I know that amarok supports different database backends, but I honestly
> just don't know how to administrate such a beast.
> mpd is the only one I know that can handle huge collections out of the
> box and creates the library a lot faster than amarok(with standard db)

how big is the collection youre working with.

and what is the index-rescan time?

i cant help but think the real solution is something like BeFS..

its too bad we're still stuck in 1970 on that tip..though i should check Haiku and Reiser4 to see if either of them are close to being usable

last i tried the POSIX extended attrs stuff on reiser it didnt work. and the querying is virtually nonexistent..