Re: [LAU] Equivalent to reason?

From: Salvatore Di Pietro <salvuz_78@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 01:47:37 EEST

Justin Smith ha scritto:
[cut]

> and I have to pick between audio using apps (if I want to watch a
> youtube video in firefox I need to shut down my jack server, and most
> of the apps using it, first, or download the raw file so I can watch
> it in an app that uses jack - unless there is some way to do this with
> portaudio I am ignorant of? I have had zero luck making jack use
> dmix).

Have you tried the patch I ported to jack 0.109.2 to make it disconnect
from the ALSA backend without closing its client applications? (you
cannot use JACK midi with it though, alsa midi is fine)

See
http://www.nabble.com/-PATCH--JACK-0.109.2-alsa-device-disconnect-patch-td16054274.html

Patch, rebuild and enjoy :)
HTH ciao