Re: [LAU] Scripts for basic audio processing

From: Christopher Stamper <christopherstamper@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 17:38:56 EEST

I'm a bit concerned about how long it will take to import and export though.
I haven't tried it yet, but it is a long wav file. And also processing time
to time-compress or whatever it's called.

Anyone tried it? I'm guessing the PC is a C2 Duo maybe 2-/+ ghz with 3GB
RAM(prob 4, but 32bit os). And window$... :-(

Thanks! I'll probably try and see soon...

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 10:27 -0400, Christopher Stamper wrote:
> > I need a way to automate some basic audio processing.
> >
> > For example, I have a wave audio file of about 80-90 minutes that
> > needs to be written to a CD in audio-cd format as quickly as possible.
> > It's speech, and needs to be available immediately. The file should be
> > split into tracks before writing, though. And, depending on the
> > length, it may also need to be either trimmed or time-'compressed' to
> > fit on an regular cdr.
> >
> > I'd like to be able to do this with something like audacity, since it
> > may need to run on windows. But if something exists good enough for
> > Ubuntu Studio, I may run a VM(Windows is required as host-OS).
> >
> > So is there a way to do it easily? It would be excellent if the output
> > could be a cd-ready iso, but individual wav-files would be fine to.
>
> Load it in audacity, do the editing you want and split into tracks, then
> "Export multiple" to get all tracks as separate audio files in a
> directory. There should be tools that burn a directory of audio files as
> tracks on an audio CD on all platforms.
>

> --ll

Christopher Stamper
Email: christopherstamper@email-addr-hidden