Re: [LAU] Changing BPM in Jack Audio Connection Kit 0.2.22

From: <peder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 16:21:42 EEST

Quoting The Other <sstubbs@email-addr-hidden>:

> Chris, on Rosegarden's Configure Rosegarden-Sequencer-MIDI Time Code
> Mode, should I set this to MTC Slave? Would that allow the BPM to be
> controlled by Ardour?
>
> Or should I be setting the MIDI Clock and System Messages to Accept
> Start, Stop, and Contnue to have BPM control by Ardour?

Jack control and MTC are two different things with no (direct anyways)
connections to each other.
To enable Jack transport in Rosegarden you go to Settings->Configure
Rosegarden on the General page, under Behaviour (as per
http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/supplemental/hydrogen , see
also http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/doc/en/transport-external.html)

 From Chris' answer, I'm not sure wheather Rosegarden honours Ardours
tempo or not; you might have to set them both to the same tempo
manually and just use jack transport to start and stop everything. But
you can always try setting different tempos in Ardour (with it as time
master) and see if Rosegarden plays along.

- Peder