Re: [LAU] e-piano

From: Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 16:43:37 EEST

Yamaha does wonders in this area..DGX620. Weighted 88 keys, fun to play; a
piano with effects but uhh..not a piano. On the higher side of the dollar
scale is the P series, though the P-140 is quite a jump from P70 which may
be around the cost of the DGX..arghhh I can't remember really. What I can
remember is that P-140's sound is superb, I mean you can actually play and
tell that what you're playing on is something of quality - like you know
it's good wine, the real deal, the shiat. Look - I am no pianist. If I could
tell the difference, it really means something.

So looking at Yamaha's offerings, I'd pick the DGX because it's the most
versatile of the lot (well, weighted is about the only feature of a piano it
has). You get quality from the Ps, but not the functions of a keyboard
(dunno about the 70 but 140 does have MIDI out). Well, good luck.