Re: [LAU] RME HDSP Multiface Windows vs Linux & Jack

From: Cory K. <coryisatm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 22 2008 - 17:44:42 EEST

plutek-infinity wrote:
>> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:38:02 -0400
>> From: "Cory K." <coryisatm@email-addr-hidden>
>>

>> plutek-infinity wrote:
>>
>>> i've used the multiface at 96kHZ a lot (but not at 96000kHz -- hehe!) with no trouble. there are a lot of reports of xrun issues with the current version of ubuntustudio, so you may wish to try SUSE/Jacklab, 64studio, or Planet-CCRMA.
>>>
>> Can you point out these reports?
>>

> sure... check this thread: http://ubuntu-utah.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=781104
> and my experience has been similar -- more xruns with an untweaked install of ubuntustudio than with the others.

This particular one was a kernel bug that was fixed. So really not a
good example. I just take a little issue (since I'm the lead on Studio)
with "lots of reports of xruns" when I can say the same about any
distro. :P People in that thread even mentioned having no issues.

Any concrete "This is giving me xruns" examples/bugs are welcome.

One thing that I have seen is that if you add network-manager you can
start to get xruns. The min I add it here it starts. Couple of forum
threads mention it as well as emails.

> btw... any particular reason you went off-list with this, or shall we copy back to the list as well?

Just didn't hit "reply to all".

-Cory K.