Re: [LAU] e-piano

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 16:37:54 EEST

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:41:21 +0200
<hollunder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 01:35:49 -0600
> "Thomas Vecchione" <seablaede@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hmm trying to find the start of the thread and can't so I will go
> > off what I have.
> >
> > When starting to learn Piano some time ago I ended up buying a
> > M-Audio Prokeys 88 when it first came out. I personally think it
> > was a great buy, and they now have the SX series which is even less
> > money. The keys are hammer weighted and feel very good to me,
> > though I am not really all that much of a pianist myself. It has
> > some decent sounds on board, and basic effects(Reverb, Chorus,
> > etc.) with midi input and output. Only catch is no onboard amp,
> > but that isn't really a problem for me as I run it through my
> > monitors anyways. At any rate, I would suggest giving it a try if
> > you only have so much to spend.
> >
> > Seablade
>

> The start was the thread Re: "[LAU] Hardware: elektr piano / keyboard"
>
> I didn't want to hijack the thread, so I renamed it. Guess I kinda
> hijacked it anyway :/
>

> The prokeys, according to specs, has better keys than the prokeys sx.
> I wonder how the keys of the prokeys sono is, it lacks quite some
> sounds and features but is about as expensive as the sx.
>
> Best Regards,
> Philipp

I finally came around to test at least some e-pianos in a local shop.
From those tried in the price range, the yamaha p85 appears to have the
nicest keys and sound. It just doesn't have much else and is rather
expensive (I can get it for 640 Euro new).

The Korg SP-250 appears to be similar in functionality and cost, but I
couln't test it.

The M-Audio prokeys 88 is a bit cheaper and has some more keyboard
functionality, but I also don't know how good the keys are in
comparison.

Does someone know those and make a recommendation?

Best Regards,
        Philipp