Re: [LAU] Linux audio course Rotterdam

From: Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 15:38:19 EEST

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 07:22:41PM +0200, Pieter Palmers wrote:
>
>> For comparison: in the government subsidized culture center in my city
>> they offer an introductory Cubase course of 5x2.5hrs for 135eur. Do the
>> math. (Note that participants have the option to BUY Cubase -50%...).
>
> 350 Euro is around what I payed for 200 hours
> of Portuguese evening classes.
I can certainly believe that, but that's not really a fair comparison.

I'm not trying to defend Mr Moors here, but just think things need some
perspective. IF he provides a high-quality course, with some added value
from the musical side, I think it's not too much. But with that price, I
think it's a hard sell, and I would expect a lot of content if I were to
pay it.

> :-) :-) :-) Beware of the Dutch ! They
> even sell sand to the Arabs. :-) :-) :-)

Well, I'd say with De Nul and/or DEME in action, the Belgians are the
ones that sell the sand to the Arabs. And the best part of it is that
it's their own sand ;).

Greets,

Pieter