Re: [LAU] licensing fun, was Re: Yamaha Disklavier Pro grand piano

From: Randy Kramer <rhkramer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 20:10:52 EEST

On Thursday 18 September 2008 12:47 pm, drew Roberts wrote:
> Yup, up front. I have always felt that was a bit onerous and perhaps
extremely
> hard to enforce,

For sure! I never looked at it that way--I don't know what they'd be
able to do if I started out (in good faith) planning to write something
to be GPL'd, but later had the opportunity to dual license and sell it.
I guess it would be appropriate to then pay for Qt, but whether they
could require anything more than that would be "interesting".

> but that is what they require.

Randy Kramer

--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.