Re: [LAU] [LAD] First release of jkmeter

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 25 2008 - 22:01:56 EEST

2008/10/23 Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>:
> Yes, the nostalgia meters look nice and warm
> in these cold digital times...
>
> I'd be happy to add an XXL version, if someone can
> tell me how to make a PNG with an anti-aliased alpha
> mask using cairo.

I would do the PNG in The Gimp and save it with the
alpha mask. Cairo should be able to handle it.
The other possibility is to use Inkscape to create an
SVG image. That would scale well, but
might require to be buffered, for performance.

I will play around with the images the next days.
If I get anything usefull out of it, I will report back.

--
kind regards
e.r.