Re: [LAU] [LAD] First release of jkmeter

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 23 2008 - 01:10:58 EEST

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 08:45:12PM +0200, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:

> Let me mention:
> jmeters -t vu looks so pretty !
> I'd like to double its GUIs size !
> :-)

Yes, the nostalgia meters look nice and warm in these
cold digital times... But they are no match for e.g.
the K-meter in practical terms. Maybe I should make
a K-meter using a 'mechanical' meter display...

I'm preparing a new release of the nostalgia meters.
This will have both the VU and PPM types in both
sizes, and also stereo correlation meters in both
styles and sizes.

I'd be happy to add an XXL version, if someone can
tell me how to make a PNG with an anti-aliased alpha
mask using cairo.

I replaced the scales, but the meter frames I'm using
are still those from Steve Harris' meterbridge. They
have this 'soft' mask which makes them blend nicely
into any background color.

Ciao,

--
FA