Re: [LAU] Binding midi controls to jack transport, and others

From: Alex Montgomery <apmontgomery@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 16:18:33 EET

Hello,
I'm working on an upgrade to jackctlmmc that will respond to Midi Machine
Control locate messages and control JACK transport directly. The current
version of MMC supports start, stop, and rewind (to zero). However, rewind
will not work for many devices in its current form because many devices use
the locate (command 44) MMMC control. Once I'm done, you'll be able to slave
Rosegarden and hydrogen (or Ardour or any JACK transport compliant
application) to JACK transport and it will all work well. It's nearly done,
(it's responding correctly to my BR 900CD digital 8-track) and I will check
it into Nedko's git repository early next week.

If you don't want to wait, I believe that Rosegarden can directly slave to
MMC commands, but I don't believe it can then in turn control other
applications. Jackctlmmc is currently a very simple command line utility,
but I am already working on a nice multi-threaded QT version that will be
graphical and pretty, but that might take some time.

-- Alex