Re: [LAU] new laptop redux

From: shane richards <shanerich@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 14:39:46 EET

According to:

'/etc/udev/rules.d/40-permissions.rules'

permissions for '/dev/nvidia*' should be 'root.video'
meaning that you just add yourself to the 'video' group, and voila! BUT...
on my box they are 'root.root' as well! I haven't found this to be a problem, however.

If you really need these permissions, put a script in '/etc/init.d', there's
a template init script already in that directory called 'skeleton', you
would only need to fill in the "start" section.

You may want to keep these two URLS handy - essential reading:

NVIDIA Performance problems and workarounds:

NVIDIA Stability problems and workarounds:

- shane