Re: [LAU] wine and sound

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 11:34:28 EET

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 10:21 +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 November 2008, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
> > I have found that using pulse audio volume control gives me a handy
>
> > little interface that I can set the stream to point to the correct
> card
>
> > per application.
>

> > The first time I use an app I just need to make sure it is being
>
> > directed through the correct device.
>
> I tried that app [pavucontrol].. It offers me no way to choose e.g. my
> delta or the emu10k1. It insists that there's only onboard sound :(
>
> Since i don't need pulseaudio i'm happy with it being disabled. I
> guess i could file a bug report etc, but i don't care enough ;)

I'm using pulseaudio 0.9.10 which comes with Fedora 9

I have a selection of all the cards on my system to choose from when I
right click on the stream that is playing.

 hw: plughw: and asoundrc definitions.

I haven't set anything up. Fedora did it all for me and quite
surprisingly got it right. The only issue I have is that my default card
is my usb voip phone and not my onboard device.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd