Re: [LAU] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.4 is out!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 11 2008 - 19:05:41 EET

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> What does the new patchbay function mean? That you can enter yes if it
> ask you to 'create patchbay definitions as a snapshot'? Something what
> wasn't recommended in the howto on your website?

the patchbay snapshot that is asked when you're about to create a new
patchbay definition profile, now actually tries to mimic the current
jack and alsa-seq clients and connection graph, something that wasn't
doing that well for quite some time.

yes, now you can answer "yes" so that the resulting patchbay definition
serves as a better snapshot than before ;)

> And I have a system tray problem with qjackctl and kde 4.1. It doesn't
> show up when I click on it...

pardon, if it doesn't show up how do you manage to click on it? :) well,
fact is kde4 system tray doesn't cope well with, erm... system tray
icons :) at least wrt. transparencies (maybe you're trying to click on a
leftover shadow ie. qjackctl is not running but the icon still shows in
the system tray area).

byee

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela