Re: [LAU] Some fun for drummers, and those who like them

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 19 2009 - 18:02:43 EET

On 19 January 2009 at 1:12, Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I am wondering, what is a good way to learn some drumming? I was
> thinking of just buying a snare drum and two sticks...

31 years ago I bought a pair of sticks. I couldn't afford the drum,
so I used cardboard boxes. These days you could use a 5 gallon
plastic bucket, like street drummers sometimes use. It doesn't
matter how you start; just start. Lessons will speed up your
learning, and keep you from falling into traps from teaching yourself.
You could get an instructional video too.

G'luck...

--
Kevin