Re: [LAU] orchestra mixing, reverb, and spatialization

From: Reuben <reuben.m@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 02:18:45 EET

Back on Tuesday 10 February 2009 04:17:49 pm Stéphane Magnenat was saying stuff
like:
> Hello,
>
> I am helping a friend to mix an orchestral piece using Ardour. To add depth
> to the different instruments, we have created three buses, each with a TAP
> Reverberator with the same settings (Hall HD type) excepted the dry/wet
> ratio. The different instruments are panned according to a common
> orchestral layout.
>
> This works, but I feel that both the depth and the stereo positioning could
> be improved. Indeed, the Hall HD reverb settings has fixed early
> reflections patterns while the different instruments should have different
> ones according to their physical positions.

There is another program by the same author of the tap plugins called reverbed
that lets you edit just about every aspect of the reflections.

It's been suffering from bit-rot and may be hard to compile, but it works
pretty well.

-Reuben