Re: [LAU] Phonic Helix Board 24 on Fedora

From: Jonathan Gazeley <jonathan.gazeley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 16 2009 - 20:36:27 EET

Pieter Palmers wrote:

> What I mean is:
>
> jackd -R -d firewire
>
> That doesn't require a RT kernel. Don't expect FFADO to work properly
> when jack doesn't run in realtime mode (-R). The same applies for ALSA
> or other backends btw, but FFADO is particularly sensitive.

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for your post. Running jackd with the -R option breaks if I run
as a regular user (permissions I guess) but running as root gives the
same error as I originally posted in this thread.

I've confirmed this on two computers, both running Fedora 10, one x86
and one x86_64.

Cheers,
Jonathan