[LAU] Spring of '23

From: TheOther <theother1510@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 19:52:16 EET

Hello Dave,

I've not listened to all of your songs, but of the ones I've heard,
this is definitely your best work.

You went for a mood, and you nailed it. Melancholy, underlying anger,
regret... they're all in there and eloquently stated.

The "heading for the Southlands" section shows a determination to
overcome, but the cold man knows it is a futile effort and the
bitterness increases. Masterful how you get that across in so few words.

This is also the best vocal work I have heard from you. Excellent
voice acting to evoke the emotion that you want from the listener.
You've succeeded in pulling me into the drama and making me feel what
the cold man feels. If I were to meet the cold man, I would know
exactly why he is the way he is. Simply superb.

If you've done other work along this type of ballad, please tell me.

Best,
Stephen.
(A devotee of the Ancient Greek science of music. See-- On Music in
Three Books by Aristides Quintilianus. ISBN 0-300-02893-8)