Re: [LAU] PHASEX-0.12.0-beta3

From: William Weston <weston@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 20:33:28 EEST

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Norval Watson wrote:

> Hi William,
> I was compiling this Phasex on a stable 32-bit debian partition and make failed thus:
>
> checking for GTK... yes
> checking for ALSA.... no
> configure: error: need ALSA >= 0.9.x
> make: *** [config.status] Error 1
>
> but my alsa pkgs are as follows
>
> norv@email-addr-hidden:~/PHASEX/phasex-0.12.0$ dpkg -l alsa-base
> ii alsa-base 1.0.17.dfsg-4 ALSA driver configuration files
> norv@email-addr-hidden:~/PHASEX/phasex-0.12.0$ dpkg -l alsa-utils
> ii alsa-utils 1.0.16-2 ALSA utilities
>
> have I done something stupid?
> Phasex is going great on another unstable 64bit partition, same machine..
> Thanks again for Phasex!
> Norv

Hello Norv,

Are you, by chance, building out of the same directory used for the
64-bit build? In either case, let's see if rebuilding aclocal.m4
and configure do the trick:

make distclean
aclocal
autoconf
automake
autoheader
./configure --enable-arch=your_cpu_here
make

It's been a while since I've been on a debian box. Anyone else on
the list get a successful build for debian 32-bit stable? If so,
did you have to jump through any extra hoops?

Cheers,
--ww