Re: [LAU] off topic (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

From: cunnilinux himself <cunnilinux@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 03 2009 - 20:53:43 EEST

> ... No further need for musicianship or even any real technical knowledge of studio arts and practices.
> Just switch to Windows, buy mucho VSTs, press the big "Proceed" button, and away we go.
> No more need to concern ourselves with context or relevance, we can at last wallow in an orgy
> of self-congratulatory pop.

i'd rather say "mainstream" than "pop".
audio production is mainly about ready solutions nowadays.
well, i was ironic in my posts, but i still don't consider linux as a
valuable platform for that game.
it's much better suited for doing custom & unusual things.
imnsho.
if i need something special that no one else uses, i'd definitely do
it with linux.

--
sex, bike, open source!