[LAU] Two (free) albums (free) tracks available on archive.org

From: Aurelien <tyranorl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 10:40:30 EEST

Hello,

(pre-prost-scriptum: improtant informations are quite below!!!)

I think I didn't any announcement here before, but the label I created
some years ago, and work in by now, released two albums fully realized
with free softwares (on a Debian GNU/Linux distribution) in 2008:

Sebkha-Chott - Nigla[h] / Tapisseries Fines en XXX Strips et LXX/X Trompettes
Sebkha-Chott - De la Persistance de la Mythologie Chottienne en ??? Vélos

Both those albums are distributed internationally by the label Muséa
Records, and you may find them, freely downloadable and/or to purchase
here:
www.ammd.net/productions/productions.php
and at a lot of other places on the web. You also might find numerous
review of those albums, in Google, and so on.

OK, that's it for the presentation.

Actually, it took us a lot of time, but we finally sent the whole tracks
of the 14 multitracks session (in ardour) and the session them selves on
archive.org, so that you can use them freely.
it's quite big big big sessions, as Sebkha-Chott used to be 8 people at
that time and invited something like 25-30 guests to play with. So you
might find something like 100-150 (even 180 on one of them, if I
remember well) tracks by song.

For Nigla[h], there are two options: we did tarball of each ardour
sessions directory and we also bounced every tracks in one file, so that
you can manage to use them in another multitrack editor.
We then thought about it, and had the conclusion that it was a really
hard work for us to do all these bounces and exports, and finally it
essentially was destined to people using proprietary softwares.
So, for De la Persistance, you will only find the tarballs, as we think
we have to "encourage" people using ardour, or, if they prefer ecasound
or whatever, they probably will be skilled enough to convert the xml
file into something suitable for another soft, or a bit worse, they
always might do all that export stuff and so on.

The archive.org links are listed on
www.ammd.net/productions/productions.php

Hope you will enjoy it. All our further productions will follow the very
same line (there will be one recording session in November for a
pop-prog-rock band), and we also aim to release some very huge
instruments sample base, as we have the luck to possess a very good
studio, and also very good instrument, including, for example, a true
Harpsichord, as one of us do build Harpsichords!

See you.
Aurélien - AMMD www.ammd.net

PS: For off-list further informations, please write to orlATammmmmmmd.net,
which is my pro mail, which I don't want to subscribe on this list (and
ammd does spell with two 'm' only! ;)

--
Aurélien