Re: [LAU] I Flying - new instrumental

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Nov 01 2009 - 15:38:12 EET

Hello Oleg!
   Thanks for sharing this tune. For my taste there's enough change in it, of
course some vocals or another, a different solo sound/style would't have
heard, but that's just it: taste.
   When it comes to sound: I like the recorder there, some time, since I've
worked with one. But I don't know, especially soprano recorders are dificult
to please. Perhaps some chorus (carefully and softly), a bit more reverb
perhaps. Even better, a second recorder. I was once told, to record a recorder
farther away from the microphone.
   It would also have been nice, if the drums would change, especially when you
bassdrum and the crash cymbal only on each new chord, just before the tonica,
perhaps some hihats in between or toms. But clearly a break. It would have
made a nice break there and signalled a new part. It would have been a bit of
the (un)expected and new there.
   As a drum lover I'd again say: perhaps try te combination of reverb and
after the reverb a compressor on the snare. do you get the snaredrum on a
jack-port of it's own? If so, you might try some experiments with that, if you
do some electric guitar, heavier sound again. The snare gets bigger that way,
a bit more forcefull.
   I do like your performance, don't see a hitch there. Nothing, that would
have been disturbing. I'm not that much into mastering, so I keep out of that.
I think it might somehow have sounded a bit stronger, more clearly defined.
But from personal experience with our band, I know, that this takes loads of
trial and error. I wouldn't know myself, how to get it right.
   All in all: a good piece! Would be good to hear more from you.
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net