Re: [LAU] PSU question

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 20:26:27 EET

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The power supply in my main box gave up the ghost recently. It was an
> Antec SP-450, and I only now discovered that that particular unit was
> not an especially smart purchase (though mine lasted much longer than
> many others). The repair guys installed a cheap (and loud!) placeholder
> for me until I replace it with something better.
>
> I'd like to get another PSU in the 450-500 watt range, something at
> least as quiet as the Antec, in the US$50-$100 price range. I have
> experience only with Antec's quiet supplies and would like to know if
> there's another recommended brand. Any suggestions ? TIA!
>
> Best,
>
> dp

No way to know what they will offer but the NewEgg Shell Shocker Sneak
Peak says the Friday afternoon deal this week will be a PC power
supply. If you're not in a big hurry you could wait for that. Shell
Shocker deals typically are pretty good products at rock bottom prices
and free shipping. Great stuff if it's what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Mark