Re: [LAU] PSU question

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 20:46:50 EET

Mark Knecht wrote:
> No way to know what they will offer but the NewEgg Shell Shocker Sneak
> Peak says the Friday afternoon deal this week will be a PC power
> supply. If you're not in a big hurry you could wait for that. Shell
> Shocker deals typically are pretty good products at rock bottom prices
> and free shipping. Great stuff if it's what you're looking for.

Hey, thanks for the tip, Mark. I'll wait until Friday to see what they
offer, no need to rush. I have an account with Newegg already and have
always been satisfied with their service.

I checked out the specs for a couple of Zalman's PSUs. Nice hardware but
the prices are a bit steep. At this point I'm leaning towards Ray R's
recommendation (Antec EarthWatts 500), but I will wait for the Friday
Newegg special.

Btw, the machine also had a dead RAM stick, one I bought from Crucial.
You once told me that they have a very good replacement policy, and
indeed it looks like they'll replace it at no charge. Nice policy,
definitely makes me consider Crucial before buying memory elsewhere.

Best,

dp