[LAU] some news from KVRaudio

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 15:16:58 EET

Greetings,

I thought some of you might be interested to know that Christian Borss's
HybridReverb2 won 2nd place in the KVRaudio Developers Challenge. The
plugin is a VST in native Linux format. I've tested it in JOST 0.5.5, it
worked fine there, so it should work as well in Renoise, eXT2, and
perhaps QTractor. Free, GPL.

    http://www2.ika.rub.de/HybridReverb2/

Another native VST reverb has been released by KResearch. I tested the
KR-ReverbFS plugin under JOST, it seems to work well there. Free, closed
source.

    http://www.kresearch.com/

The Loomer company has released a new string synthesizer, available for
Linux as a native VST plugin or in a standalone version. Untested here.
The Loomer stuff is commercial software, a bit too pricey for me, but
I've heard good reports from users.

    http://www.loomer.co.uk/

Best,

dp