Re: [LAU] And now... Beatrix + Aliki + JCONV = Muuaahahahaha!

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 25 2009 - 14:35:36 EET

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 07:01:28AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Ken Restivo wrote:
>> I'd imagine that not only Beatrix, but also AZR-3, or any other organ emulator, even an FM synth, would sound pretty good through Leslie impulses too.
>>

> Ken, thanks for the holiday gift item. :)

No prob. I'm happy to have something to share.

> Me, I'm going to run my guitar through it. IIRC in Cream's Badge during
> the lead the rhythm guitar plays through a Leslie. We used to do that on
> a few songs, back in the day when I was young enough to move a B3 *and*
> the Leslie cabinet.

There are a couple Cream songs with Leslie. This convolution only gives the "wood" sound, and doesn't do the "whirling". But, there's a LADSPA plugin that does a pretty good Leslie whirling Doppler, so maybe experiment with running the plugin before or after the convolution.

Also, note that the convolution outputs 4 channels. You'll need to mix them somehow; in my demo I just sent channels 1 and 4 to the left side, and 2 and 3 to the right side.

> Now I'd probably complain about the size of the EEE and why don't we
> have roadies for that work. ;)

Oh, the times they are a-changin'!

My B3 now fits in a backpack, along with a 1923 Steinway grand piano, not to mention a Fender Rhodes suitcase 73 and a Rhodes 88 stage. I can take all this on a bike, to the beach, or hiking in the hills.

-ken