Re: [LAU] delta 1010 background hiss

From: Ectropic Harmony <ectropic.harmony@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 22 2010 - 23:31:31 EET

I'm getting closer to testing my new Delta 1010.

Are there any more reports of problems with the device?

I'm hoping there won't be. Hearing that some people get a "hiss" noise is scary.

Does this issue with the device depend on which year the 1010 was made?

Or which version kernel & operating system is being used?

Or any other factors? (I'm going to assume it could be a number of
factors, though seems like it could quickly be narrowed down to just a
couple or few primary targets of concern, like the actual Delta 1010,
the computer hardware/software, or the use of an additional interface
like a mixer.)

Is it true that Delta 1010 made after 2007 has a problem/conflict with
Linux? (If so that's bad news for me! I have a brand new Delta.) :-\

I'm crossing my fingers that once I get everything hooked up correctly
between my Mackie mixer & Delta 1010 that everything will work fine on
the computer. Of course I'll need to get the software settings correct
also. I understand I can do that via JACK and "Envy24 control". Then
getting settings right in Ardour. Anyway, my main question here is
pertaining to the previous mention of the Delta 1010 having background
hiss.