Re: [LAU] 1980's cds: analog to digital conversion

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 14 2010 - 13:31:19 EET

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 10:16:24PM -0500, Monty Montgomery wrote:

> I'm aware of how to construct digital IIR filters :-) I was hoping
> you had a URL to a nice official analog topology. The specific
> implementation details matter.

I'll make a nice drawing later. Right now I have
to finish my LAC paper !!

> > The channel EQ you'll find on most digital mixers is
> > not linear-phase at all, nor acausal.
>
> OK. Time to become incredibly overspecific:
>
> Every digital EQ implementation I'm aware of for Linux is linear
> phase. I wrote a few of 'em.

The only examples I know of are the FFT based EQ
in Jamin, and the octave band filters that come
with jconvolver.

Do you have some other examples ?

> Negative delays are perfectly possible in digital. Well, if you
> ignore the wallclock (assume a global system latency, and a local
> negative latency within the system). It's just a semantic/terminology
> argument at this point.

That's why I wrote 'operating in real time'.

Ciao,

--
FA
O tu, che porte, correndo si ?