Re: [LAU] Jack included in Main for Ubuntu Lucid Lynx

From: Fritz Meissner <meissner.fritz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 21:06:31 EET

On 28 February 2010 20:56, rosea grammostola
<rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 2/28/10, Fritz Meissner <meissner.fritz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> On 28 February 2010 20:29, rosea grammostola
>> <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>>> PortAudio or Pulseaudio?
>>>
>> Sorry, I meant Pulseaudio, but Portaudio is also assisted by this;
>> there are a number of other benefits to, including making Firewire
>> devices accessible to audio packages without needing to recomplile
>> them. The Main Inclusion Report for jack at
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReportJACK summarises the
>> benefits nicely.
>>
>> Fritz
>
> Will it really be possible in lucid to let pulseaudio work with jack1 and jack2?
> Or are there still difficulties?

I'd be fascinated to know the answer to that one. It should be much
the same result as for someone who is at present running Pulseaudio
hand compiled with jack support, if anyone can report on their
results. My impression is that most people with problems have rather
removed PA than try to make it work with jack, so data may be scarce.

Fritz