Re: [LAU] CC for dummies

From: Monty Montgomery <xiphmont@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 21 2010 - 07:40:26 EET

> You cannot sell your music as a product (CDs, Digital Download, DRM) anymore. Of course technically you could but it makes no sense if the music is also available for free.

Plenty of us who can 'get the music for free anyway' still choose to
buy CDs. Something to keep in mind. There will be fans who want to
give you money for something in return. I regularly buy physical CDs
or losless downloads when a whole album is available for free in mp3.

>This is the same Copyleft as in the GPL and makes it unlikely that you will get you music on any commercial samplers/compilation, except you grant special licenses.

....so do that if you want to. Nothing is stopping you :-)

Monty