Re: [LAU] Sustain pedal issue with undesired repeated notes (m-audio keystation 88es + qjackctl + qsynth)

From: R. Mattes <rm@email-addr-hidden-freiburg.de>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 13:13:12 EEST

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:55:01 +0200, Nicolas BERCHER wrote
> On 08.06.2010 11:12, david wrote:
> > WAGging around: Is your USB MIDI connection sharing a USB bus with
> > other USB devices? Maybe some other USB device is doing something
> > weird with the bus and something isn't getting handled right?

No, please. This is highly unlikely. Iff something on the bus would
spoof the device ID of the Midi interface things would go crazzy long
before a note on event would be recognized ...

> # lsusb
> Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0763:0192 Midiman M-Audio Keystation 88es
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 413c:2003 Dell Computer Corp. Keyboard
> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0461:4d15 Primax Electronics, Ltd Dell
> Optical Mouse Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1
> root hub Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:0103 Realtek Semiconductor
> Corp. USB 2.0 Card Reader Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux
> Foundation 2.0 root hub
>
> I guess you're right: I have 2 USB buses (one onboard (2nd) and one
> in front (1st), inside a memory cards reader) and the midi keyboard
> shares the 2nd bus with mouse and azerty keyboard...

Yes, but that's absolutely normal. USB is a _bus_ after all (i.e. many
devices can talk over it).

> I noticed
> there's no way to plug an usb device on the 1st bus: it only cares
> about memory cards. So I unplugged both mouse & azerty keyboard but
> it doesn't change anything.

As to be expected :-)

> Do you think this problem could come from an hardware failure into
> my SB Live sound card?

How should that happen? If no midi note event shows up in the dump
the problem must be in qsynth (or the sound font it uses). What sound
found do you use, BTW?

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes
> Nicolas.

R. Mattes -- Systemeinheitsstreichler