Re: [LAU] GPL vs GPLv3

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 12:53:37 EEST

On 2010-06-10 11:38, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Atte André Jensen wrote:
>> 1) Can I Just Do It, simply by stating on the webpage and/or in the
>> software that it's under GPLv3.
>
> If its your code, then yes.

It is.

I just realized that I also have done some software patches (diff files)
to some software, mostly a couple of patches to the chuck sourcecode.
How about that? It seems that chuck is under LGPL, if it matters...

> Fors software licenses, this:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html
> is really good.

Thanks!

> CC Attribution (or maybe CC Share Alike) is probably best for synth patches.

Thanks! Again is it simply a matter of stating on the web page that the
licence is CC Attribution?

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk