[LAU] OT Rant: When will people stop comparing Windows/Linux apps?

From: Andrew C <countfuzzball@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 11 2010 - 14:51:39 EEST

Apologies in advance for any coarse language.

Honestly, when will people stop going 'Oh this windows app doesn't work in
linux, so I won't bother looking for native alternatives etc etc'. They're
two completely different OSes, last time I checked! Heck, even Mac OS X has
more in common with linux than windows does, and I'm not seeing people going
'Why can't I run Ableton on this Mac? Ugh it sucks big time, I won't bother
with it!'.

Andrew.