[LAU] Subconscious Affecting Music

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 25 2010 - 14:37:43 EEST

Hi,

Listening to the demo track on Myna made me wonder what progress people on
this list are making into the concept of music that affects peoples
subconscious mind.

Maybe I just have a Pavlovian response but to me that demo track has all
the key elements for modern popular dance music. The intention of said
music is to make it easy for large groups of people to get together in a
large venue and drink alot. Sex is usually a key ingrediant in the crowd
mentality that entices people to patronize on mass the venues where music
such as the demo track is featured predominantly.

You can hear this particular bassline and synth combination in almost all
popular Club releases/remixes of the past 3 years. IMO it was Timberland
who first nailed that sound.

I am actively searching for a way to transcend that sound and vibe but
actually get inside the head of the same audience. My intentions are
purely subversive in nature ;-) I am wondering if anyone has found
anything that is getting close to that level of subconscious absorption?

Clearly there is the potential that music of such nature will
categorically not be absorbed by people in the same way that music like
the demo track is currently. I still wonder if my search will be fruitful
or not...

Can subconscious intelligence enhancing music actually be made or are we
limited to the primitive senses of sexual reproduction and aggression for
mass market appeal?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.