Re: [LAU] Subconscious Affecting Music

From: James Warden <warjamy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 25 2010 - 15:16:47 EEST

> Can subconscious intelligence enhancing music actually be
> made or are we
> limited to the primitive senses of sexual reproduction and
> aggression for
> mass market appeal?

Patrick, I do not understand this sentence of yours.

Sexual reproduction is not a primitive sense, neither is "aggression", and the "goal" of sexual reprod. and aggressive behavior is not mass market appeal as you seem to suggest here.

When all this is said, mass markets are a given of our industrial societies. So of course, any marketable activity can lead to de facto industry standards or trends. Some ppl are easily appealed by those, some are not. But I don't see why we should label our basic biology or behaviors as primitive and link it to mass appeal. Could you elaborate ?

J.