Re: [LAU] New Early Music made with Linux

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2010 - 21:43:44 EEST

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 06:48:02PM +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> impressive. loved the virtual sellotape on the recording room door :)

I loved the sound of the stone moving. How was it made ?

> fun combination, early music and VR video...

But it works quite well, I don't see any 'cultural' conflict there.

> i'd be very interested to see you guys live at some point.

Same here !

> as to the mixing, i can see how it makes sense for most consumers to
> have a very present, in-your-face mix to listen to in your car while
> returning from a live concert, but i find the sound a tad too "loud"
> and close-miked given the material and instruments. but then i have
> a taste with no commercial potential whatsoever...

Again same here. But I'll wait giving comments on this until I've
heard the CD which should arrive in my physical mailbox soon after
I return from Greece.

As to close miking: after all this is chamber music - i don't mind
having the players quite close. One of the things that I heard
recently (on Italian radio) was one of the Bach cello suites, the
one that start out with an octave chord. This also was miked very
close, and the resulting sound just sent the quivers down my spine.

> next time you meet for a recording session, would you mind me
> crashing the party with an ambisonic mike in the middle?

Again same here :-) If ever you are near to Parma I won't hesitate
to load my car with some fancy recording gear and have a go at it.

Ciao,

--
FA
There are three of them, and Alleline.