Re: [LAU] OT: external sound for linux card advice

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 05 2010 - 14:52:31 EEST

My church uses Audiofire 12 to record the band during services. It works
very well. Our sound tech's new laptop with Windows 7 doesn't work with
his Firewire card, though, so we haven't recorded for a while.
Apparently the solution is to reinstall Windows, then reinstall the
Firewire drivers.

He and I have made a couple of brief stabs at booting his machine from
various audio-distro live CDs, but haven't been able to get the Firewire
recognized. (Even with a distro recommended by someone on this list who
uses it regularly with an Audiofire 12 because it just works.)

Perhaps his Firewire card has an unsupported chipset, or maybe the
entire card port bus isn't being recognized Don't know, it's an HP.

After I get my regular laptop working again, I plan to try using my
laptop's built-in Firewire.

David
gnome@email-addr-hidden
authenticity, honesty, community