Re: [LAU] [LAD] Some new things to play with

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 12 2010 - 22:52:19 EEST

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 04:42:10PM +0200, torbenh wrote:

> pretty adhoque jack session support for zita-rev1 is in this git:
> git://hochstrom.endofinternet.org/zita-rev1.git

* I spend considerable time making sure that the code I release
  actually works. That means listening and measuring, apart from
  any normal software testing routines.

* This release does not work properly. When reloading a session
  the GUI state is restored but the DSP parameters are not. There
  are other problems as well.

* The net result is that within 48 hours of the original release
  a version is made public that fails to do what it claims, and
  since there is no indication to the contrary anywhere in the
  source code, suggests that I am the one to blame.

If this sort of thing is repeated, I will just stop releasing any
software at all. And of course this modified version does not have
my blessing, and I will not support it.

Ciao,

--
FA