Re: [LAU] Heads Up :)

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 12 2010 - 23:09:30 EEST

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 23:14:42 +0100
James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi Will,
>
> Just curious, do you build all your audio stuff (from the kernel
> through to ardour) from source?

No, mostly I use the debs.

I start with the minimal version of squeeze (no desktop even) then using
apt-get pull in X, openbox and ROX filer. From there I get startx setup to
initiate an openbox session, and build my desktop and required apps from there.

Currently I cheat and pull in the kernel from 64studio 3.3 alpha because I
find building an RT kernel too confusing and time consuming.

There are two apps in particular that I do compile form source. One is
Rosegarden and the other is Yoshimi. These are the heart of my work.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk