Re: [LAU] wanted:audio player

From: Ivan Tarozzi <itarozzi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 17 2010 - 18:07:29 EEST

Il giorno sab, 16/10/2010 alle 22.39 +0200, fons@email-addr-hidden ha
scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> for the N-th time I've been wasting my time trying to get
> alsaplayer to work on a new system. So I'm looking for
> another audo player with the following features:
>
> - Jack output, not autoconnecting.
> - Plays anything via libsndfile + mp3 + CDs.
> - Graphical interface but not dependent on Gnome or KDE.
> - High quality resampling when necessary.
> - No eye candy, 'equalisers', 'spectrum analysers' etc.
> - Bonus points if it handles multichannel files.
>
> So far I haven't found anything.
>
> Ciao,

Why not VLC? It can use Jack output and it can change pitch and playback
speed in realtime.
If you are a programmer, exists a good API (libvlc) with also a python
binding. In this days I'm trying to use it with wxpython to build a
custom player to play audio and video guitar lessons, with the feature
to handle markers to access quickly to a particular position of the
lesson. It seems to work well :)

Ivan