Re: [LAU] Sample manager?

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 27 2010 - 12:18:04 EET

On 2010-11-27 02:47, Heikki Ketoharju wrote:

> So could somebody suggest a nice way to organize my samples?

I have my samples in a directory structure that makes sense. I'm
previewing directly from renoise (which is what I use 99% of the time)
and it handles formats, samplerates and all that. I agree that tagging
could be handy, but I don't see myself tagging what I already have lying
around anytime soon...

atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ locate .wav | grep .wav$ | wc -l
17186

atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ locate .flac | grep .flac$ | wc -l
48907

Like with photos I really don't like to depend on anything software to
lay the logic for me. A good directory structure will make sense in any
software, including your backup...

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk