Re: [LAU] New (old) Song

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Dec 13 2010 - 01:00:10 EET

Hello Will!
   I just listened to the tune and in the way you wrote the music, it gives
much more hope, than the lyrics suggest. It almost sounds happy. I almost had
anm urge to take the lyrics and try to do something different with it. But I
guess, whatever I did, it wouldn't be right, as it would be much too
prententions. At least I know myself enough for that. :-)
   But as too the sentiment: I think when it comes to art, you can always enjoy
it. Even if it's sad or heart breaking you can enjoy it on the artistic or
emotional level. Even if a song or poem doesn't seem particularly artistic and
sad at the same time, I could enjoy it, if it struck a chord in my heart. So
yes, in one way I did enjoy it, as the lyrics struck a chord. The music was
too happy for me, but I thik I voices that oppinion a few times. :-) Still
nice work and I do like the vocals, they fit the piece, so unpretentious and
like a caring parent or grandparent. Just like one of your family would sing
something for a child to go to bed. I know that from my own mother, when I was
quite young. Never a singer, but you could perceive the meaning, when she
sang.
   Kind regards
            Julien

--------