[LAU] OT - impulse response recording

From: Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2011 - 08:40:00 EET

Hi all,

I know that there are some knowledgable people on this list, hence this OT
diversion.

A friend of mine would like to record some impulse response of various
spaces. I don't know the details nor the ultimate goal of this undertaking
but the problem was about the bst equipment for such recordings. I know a
loud signal is needed (she has a starter gun for that purpose) but unclear
about what kind of microphones should be used. Any tips? Ideas?
experiences?

Thanks a ton in advance.

./MiS