Re: [LAU] Old song, with new life.. Trace of Events

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2011 - 01:20:05 EET

On 09/02/11 09:45, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> Pity bandcamp needs flash enabled ... and doesn't even let one do a
> clickie to do that with flashblock. Sorry, but I'm not restarting my
> browser just to listen to a song. Sorry :)

Downloads from Bandcamp don't require Flash; they work just fine here
with Flashblock turned on. Assuming you're using Firefox, if you want to
toggle Flash on, you can add the Flashblock icon to your toolbar
(right-click the toolbar, select Customize, and then drag the icon on to
your toolbar where you want it) and use that to toggle it on, or just
white-list *.bandcamp.com within the Flashblock settings.

> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 2:55 PM, alexander<axeldenstore@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Hey, I think I posted this tune in an earlier reincarnation about a year ago
>> or so. Here it is again, with rerecorded drums and upright bass instead of
>> the acoustic one.. I might add that this is the grand piano I sampled to
>> create the Salamander grand piano library.. only It's recorded with a zoom
>> h4n.. Actually, most of it is, It's all h4n preamp and AD but the bass is
>> miced with a mic I built myself(based upon the wonderful bruce swedien #1
>> microphones) and the snare is some cheap t-bone and the kick is a
>> beyerdynamic opus 99.

Nice work :) That piano sounds great for something that was recorded
with a little Zoom -- I want one of those things even more now. Bass
sounds great, too.

Thanks
Leigh