Re: [LAU] Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2011 - 12:05:34 EET

Excerpts from Malte Steiner's message of 2011-02-07 23:04:27 +0100:
> I second SND which seems to be the editor but it comes with a learncurve.
>
> Other candidates for extreme sound processing are Csound and Pure Data,
> they even let you create your own processing patches.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

SND seems to be extremely powerful and flexible but its learning curve
is insane. I just found out that it has a built-in extensive,
half-working, possibly useful help system.

There's SND-ls that aims to make SND usable by mere mortals, but I'm not
sure it achieved this goal yet:
http://archive.notam02.no/arkiv/src/snd-ls/