Re: [LAU] Lightweight, small-screen-real-estate sequencer?

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 12 2011 - 12:07:51 EET

2011/2/12 Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>:
> Am 12.02.2011 00:12, schrieb Ken Restivo:
<...>
>>> Seq24 fits your description 1:1.
>>
>> Thanks. I used it successfully for years on a 64-bit 2.33Ghz Intel PC with
>> 2GB RAM, but it is unusably slow on a 1.6Ghz 32-bit Intel PC with 1GB RAM.
>
> No offence ment but what 1.6 GHz/1GB RAM machine is that?
>
> I had Seq24 running on a Toshiba Laptop with 1GHz PIII and 256RAM and it was
> running perfectly OK. A collegue used it professionally on a 800 MHz Celeron
> with 256 RAM.

I'd have to agree with that, most old sk00l linux sequencers should
really have no problem on an 1.6Ghz machine.
This thread woke old memories of trying to create music in a linux
environment ten years ago and the trials and tribulations you had to
go through.
We've definitely come long way, though there is always ways to go.
I recall having a Pentium II Celeron 300A (likely overclocked) at that
time which I was running MusE under, midi was never a problem, could
only run a few audio tracks though.

Regards,
Robert