Re: [LAU] Lightweight, small-screen-real-estate sequencer?

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 12 2011 - 13:44:46 EET

Am 12.02.2011 11:07, schrieb Robert Jonsson:
> 2011/2/12 Hartmut Noack<zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>:
>> Am 12.02.2011 00:12, schrieb Ken Restivo:
> <...>
>>>
>>> Thanks. I used it successfully for years on a 64-bit 2.33Ghz Intel PC with
>>> 2GB RAM, but it is unusably slow on a 1.6Ghz 32-bit Intel PC with 1GB RAM.
>>
>> No offence ment but what 1.6 GHz/1GB RAM machine is that?
>>
>> I had Seq24 running on a Toshiba Laptop with 1GHz PIII and 256RAM and it was
>> running perfectly OK. A collegue used it professionally on a 800 MHz Celeron
>> with 256 RAM.
>
> I'd have to agree with that, most old sk00l linux sequencers should
> really have no problem on an 1.6Ghz machine.

Now I remember: I had it even running in a usable manner on my archaic
Dell Latitude with 500MHz PII/128 RAM.
Gave my very first public talk on Jack with introducing Rezound and Muse
with that Laptop ;-)

> This thread woke old memories of trying to create music in a linux
> environment ten years ago and the trials and tribulations you had to
> go through.

I also check the Jazz++ Site from time to time to see if there is
something new.
Anybody out there remembering Slab?

http://www.llornkcor.com/SLab/SLab.html